Saturday, May 28, 2005

"Carnival Records" Salih Willams Shop

Just came from Carnival Records in Luling and chatted with my buddy who runs the shop for about an hour. Says Salih is living in Lockhart now and is doing some big things. It's a nice little shop and he is planning on making more room for more stuff. He is also hoping to open up another store somewhere. Don't know where just yet. Check this out, the watermelon thump (a town festival celebrating what else watermelon) is in the ladder part of June. We were just talking about doing some things in the shop during the festival, nothing is official just yet. Like having a Dj or an autograph session with some artists and maybe have some Rappers perform. Basically just making it a fun time at the shop. I'm keeping in contact with the store manager and discussing different possibilities for the event. I offered my Dj equipment for the event so I was thinking people could come in and show their skills on the 1's and 2,s. Ya know. I'm trying to set up an interview with Salih for the board, so Hopefully that gets off the ground. I will keep the board posted on what's happening. I was thinking maybe we could get a few people there to rep the Screw Shop or something during the fest. What yall think?

No comments: