Wednesday, July 27, 2005

LAST NIGHT AT THE PARISH

Man for those who didn't go, Shame on you!! It was free for Gods sake. Well whatever it was crowded and the booties were shaking.

So on with the show.
The night started off kind of slow, didn't even start bumping until after 10. I was getting kind of worried, but the people started flowing in. One by one they came in and immediately they were feeling the beats booming from the speakers and started dancing. It was wild. The breakin crew was in the house.

All the Dj's kicked ass. The one's that stood out the most were Lord Finesse and 9th Wonder. Both of them were doing their thang. Both these guys were playing a lot of old school, which I LOVE!!!!!! EPMD, RUN-DMC, LL...............If you don't know who these cats are then your missing out.

Ever since I was about 15 years old I've always wondered who Ricky Powell was. If your old school like me you will remember this from the Beastie Boys album "Pauls Boutique" "Home-boy throw in the towel, your girl got dicked by Ricky Powell". Always loved that part of the song, the name escapes me at the moment. Now 15 years later I finally find out who Ricky Powell is. This dude is crazy man, he took some time out to chat with me while I was posted up slanging cd's for Bavu.

Basically what I was doing at the show the whole night was getting people to sign up for emails, selling CD's and shirts. I think I did ok for my first time. I could have done a lot better though, but thanks to everyone who bought CD's!! Through out the night people stopped by to kick it with me and hand me free music or their business cards. People are always curious as to what I do, because I am always will Bavu. So I just tell them that I help promote, market and book shows, which is what I help do. I met a lot of great people last night. What up Flynn-D, what up PC, Sarah the artist, Kelly, Lauren, Lil Chris, Teriell Shahid. I must say that since I've been working with Bavu things have been moving super fast and it is a bit overwhelming. Sometimes I don't think I can keep up with it, but I'm lucky to have a great friend in Bavu Blakes to encourage me. Thanks buddy.

On with the show.
Bavu did a great job hosting this event. I hope we have more events like this here in Austin. DJ Qbert August 20th RSVP here
  • www.sciondecoder.com
  • . In my opinion these type of events bring people together and gives you that community feeling. Everyone is there because they love the music and they want to have fun. "We're all in the same game"

    I took a few pictures before my batteries went dead. DAMN!!! I will post them later tonight.

    No comments: